Đăng Nhập

Vui lòng khai báo chính xác tên truy cập và mật khẩu!

Quên mật khẩu?

Đăng Ký

Bạn phải điền đầy đủ thông tin đăng ký!

IELTS Essays - Essays Part 2 Academic IELTS

Admin
      Admin

Bài viết Bài viết : 537

Points Points : 16758

Uy tín   : Uy tín : : 122

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:09 am

Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars every year. Do you think these people deserve such high salaries? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Some people think that famous athletes and entertainers have too high salaries for their work. However, others believe that these people deserve such high salary. Personally, I think that it is a controversial question and it is open for debate. For several reasons, which I will mention bellow, I think that famous athletes and entertainers have a great impact on our social life and make a big contribution to our society and, hense, deserve high salary.

The first reason why I think that such high salary is deserved by famous athletes and entertainers because we all need them. Entertainment plays an essential role in our everyday's life. We need to relax, watching TV with our favorite TV stars or favorite football players. Entertainment is one of the best ways to eliminate stress and tension and leave all troubles behind. For example, I can not stay home all day long without watching TV. So, basically, I believe that famous athletes and entertainers have such high salaries because we need them. They like doctors for our minds and soles. Scientists say that people usually spend the same amount of money for their food and entertainment. I think this fact tells a lot.

The second reason for this is that famous athletes have to work hard in order to get good results. I am sure that achievements they make is the result of hard work, persistence and pain. They sometimes risk their lives and health. For example, I am a big fun of L. Amstrong, the most famous cyclist in world's history. He faced probably, the most challenging difficulty in his life, cancer. He was very young for this disease. Amstrong was in his early twenties when he found out about it. I read a book about his life, and what impressed me were his words after his victory in France. He said: "Cancer was the best thing that ever happened to me ".He defeated the disease only because he believed in himself and did not give up.  I think such person deserves to have a high salary and be loved by many people through out the world.

In conclusions, I want to say that if people get high salaries it means they are needed and their contribution to the society is huge.
      Admin
      Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:09 am

Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Man, through the ages, has undergone many changes, from a period when he hunted for food to the present time, when he buys preprocessed food in the shop centers. Some people say that the fact our food are easier to prepare these days has definitely improved our life. However, other people belief that this change has some negative aspects. In this essay I will least some advantages and disadvantages of such a change.

First of all, when people use a preprocessed food it definitely saves time. One does not have to spend much time in the kitchen washing, peeling, cutting and cooking vegetables, etc. All one has to do is just to use a microwave or a stove to warm up a ready for use  food. Frankly, I think it is a very good benefit. People can more enjoy things they like to do like spending time with the loved ones, exercising, watching TV or walking with a dog.

Second of all, if one has a good salary he can allow himself to go to a restaurant every day. It is a great opportunity to have a fresh cooked meal with excellent service, meet friends and new people. One more reason to have dinner at a restaurant because one can taste different and delicious food from all over the world from Chinese to Mexican.

However, some people think that a preprocessed food has negative aspects.  Unfortunately,
      preprocessed food has less vitamins and minerals than fresh cooked food. Besides, it has more preservatives and unnatural ingredient that can not be good for man's health. In addition, the number of diseases such as obesity, fatigue, reflux disease etc. is rising.

Cooking is a great tradition. It is a means of eliminating stress and tension. Personally, I believe that people should not forget this tradition and do not abuse fast food.
      Admin
      Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Games are as important for adults as they are for children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Games as the ultimate form of mental and physical relief are important for adults as they are for children. People learn how to behave, control their emotions, follow the rules. The most obviously essential aspect of this is that people realize that our life is a big game with its own rules. In the next paragraphs I will give the reasons to support my answer.

Basically, there are two types of games. The first type is mental games that help us to upgrade our mental abilities. The second type is the games that involve physical activities. They keep people fit and healthy.

Mental games for adults play a significant role. Adults learn co-operation, discipline, team work, self-confidence. Scientists say that the brain cells of grown up people  can grow with the help of mind exercising. The most simple way to exercise one's mind is through mental games. For example, playing chess makes people think, try to predict events, follow the strategy of an opponent.

From the other side, physical games help adults to stay in a good shape, relax, eliminate stress and tension. Also, it is a perfect way to lose weight.

Mental games for children also play an important role. They help children to understand the real world more quickly and adapt to the reality. In addition to those practical benefits mental games teach children how to behave, be supportive and patient. Physical games from the other hand, strengthening children' bones, health and teach discipline.

To sum up, I am sure that people need games and it is not important how old one is.
      Admin
      Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:12 am

Some people think that governments should spend as much money as possible on developing or buying computer technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should be spent on more basic needs. Which one of these opinions do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Man, through the ages has undergone many changes from the time when he depicted a herd of mammoths on the walls of a cave to nowadays when he can chart with anyone across the sea by use of modern means of communication. Some people think that in today's world government should spend more money on computers. However, others think that it is inappropriate and government should spend more money on food and shelters for poor people, medicine, education, etc. These two options are very different and controversial. But I think that developing computer technology brings people more advantages then they think it does.

First of all, humankind nowadays more and more depends on computers. We often do not suspect the presence of computers around us. For example, when we withdraw money from cash machines, get some gasoline on the gas station and pay with our credit cards in the stores. So, nowadays computer technology plays an essential role in our everyday life. Second of all, computer technology brings more job opportunities. For a country computer technology means power, knowledge and constant development. In addition to those practical benefits, the development of computer technology brings a lot of money to the country.

From the other side, government should not forget about poor people, who can not afford computers but need food and shelters. However, I think that computers help people gain more knowledge and experience and find a job to provide food and home for his family. So, basically, computers give people the opportunity to reach their goals and be innovative.

To sum up, I think that computer technology gives people many benefits including the opportunity to improve one's knowledge and be more self-confident, persistent and experienced in this world.
      Admin
      Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:14 am

Groups or organizations are an important part of some people’s lives. Why are groups or organizations important to people? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Man, through the ages, has undergone many changes from the time when he lived in the caves to nowadays when he lives in a comfortable apartment. But one thing that remains the same is that people always lived in groups and organizations such as families, the smallest group, and tribes, the bigger group. I think that the reason why people live in groups is because we need communication and what is more important we need support to survive. So, from old times to nowadays people merged in groups because it made them stronger and helped to overcome many obstacles and difficulties. In the following paragraphs I will give my reasons and examples to support my answer.

First of all, people need to communicate with each other. We need to share out ideas and thoughts with each other. I think it is very important to know that someone think the same way one does and supports one. In addition, communication is one of the features of reasonable animals. All animals that can communicate with each other live in herds and support each other when one of them is in need.

The second reason, why I think groups and organization are important to people is because they make us stronger. For example, football team plays better then one player. Another example is the ancient hunters. At old times people gathered in order to get food and survive in severe conditions. It was impossible for one man to kill a big animal, but when people gathered in groups their chances increased. Scientists say that people survived because they lived together and supported each other.

For the reasons, which I mentioned above, I believe groups and organizations play an essential role in our life. Moreover, people's evolution would not be possible without them.
      Admin
      Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:14 am

It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay.

Some people believe that it is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. However, other people think that a big city gives more opportunities and it is good for the long run. Personally, for several reasons I think that it is better for children's health to grow up in the country.

First of all, it is very important for a child to grow up in a healthy environment. Children need fresh air, not polluted by the huge amount of cars and factories of the modern city. In the country they can spend more time exercising and walking with their friends. Scientists say that now children spend the same amount of time watching TV as they do at school. Probably, the possibility to join their friends for a play will change this proportion. Another important aspect of this is that parents will have more time to spend with their children as a result of eliminating traffic jams and decreasing driving time as a whole.

From the other side, children have some advantages living in a big city. For example, they have more opportunities to choose from what they want to do. They can choose to attend ballet school, school of art, gymnastics, etc. For the long run, it is good for them. They will be better prepared for a live in a "real world" and they will have more chances to make a good career and succeed. Moreover, a big city usually has many entertaining centers with movie theatres and play stations. When I was a child I liked to go to the movie theatre with my parents to watch a premiere.

One more reason to choose a big city for a child is that a city provide better live conditions and services such as medical, dental, etc. My friend lived in the country for a while and one time he and his family had to drive a couple of hours to the nearest medical center when his child got a heavy cough.

To summarize, I agree with those people who want to raise their children in a city. The plenty of opportunities offered by a city helps children to find what they really like and be the best at it. Moreover, despite the air pollution, children get a better medical service that is good for their health.

Bài viết Bài viết : 4

Points Points : 10786

Uy tín   : Uy tín : : 0

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Developments in technology have brought various environmental problems. Some believe that people need to live simpler lives to solve environmental problems. Others, however, believe technology is the way to solve these problems. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
      The improvements in technology currently bring about harmful effects on the environment. While some people believe having simpler lives is the only solution, I would argue that technological advances can help to tackle these environmental problems.
      On the one hand, it is believed that individuals need to live simple lives and rely less on technology. The first suggestion is that people should walk or cycle rather than drive cars. This is because the current number of cars being manufactured and used is increasing, which causes high levels of exhausted fumes and makes air pollution become serious. Additionally, people should try to reduce their consumption of electricity so that the exploitation of natural resources such as fossil fuels or nuclear power can be minimised. An example of this idea is the annual event called Earth Hour where everyone is asked to turn their lights off for sixty minutes.
      On the other hand, I believe the developments of technology can greatly contribute to environmental protection. Firstly, because of those improvements, people are able to come up with ways to recycle materials such as paper or glass, which reduces the problem of waste disposal. Secondly, technology can also help to create electricity using renewable resources. For example, many countries in the world have built plants that utilise solar energy to generate power. As a result, it is not necessary to rely on nonrenewable resources, and people can create electricity without significantly damaging the environment.
      In conclusion, while some people think that they should live simpler lives to prevent environmental issues, I would argue that these problems can be dealt with by technological improvements.
      (270 words)
      xem thêm các kiến thức về writing của IELTS Quang Thắng: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]