Đăng Nhập

Vui lòng khai báo chính xác tên truy cập và mật khẩu!

Quên mật khẩu?

Đăng Ký

Bạn phải điền đầy đủ thông tin đăng ký!

Bài tập theo chuyên đề Tiếng Anh hay - Tiếng Anh cơ bản -

Bài viết Bài viết : 155

Points Points : 16167

Uy tín   : Uy tín : : 5

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 am

Name:

Class:
      Basis No 33
      inversion
      Mark

Exercise 1
      1.     Never ________ me again.
              a.  will be she love                          b. she loves         c. she won't love     d. she will love
      2.     Not only_______ but she is also very intelligent
              a. she is beautiful                           b. beautiful she is   c. is she beautiful         d. beautiful is she
      3.     No sooner___________ out that it rained.
              a. did I go             b. I went             c. had I gone        d. I had gone
      4.     Seldom___________ the guitar.
              a. he plays           b. does he play  c. he doesn't play d. he does play
      5.     Hardly___________a wrok whether son came back.
              a. couldn't she say                         b. she could say  c. she couldn't say  d. could she say
      6.     Often___________ a meeting.
              a. do we have      b. we do have     c. have we           d. we have
      7.     Many a time___________ he wants to maary me
              a. said he             b. he said           c. has he said      d. he has said
      8.     Only at weekend___________ my kids to Water Park
              a. I don't take       b. do I take         c. I take                d. I do take
      9.     So old ___________ that she couldn't dance.
              a. She wasn't       b. she was          d. wasn't she       d. was he
      10.   _______ here yesterday, you would have met me.
              a. Were you         b. you were        c. Had you been  d. You had been
      11.   On the battle field___________
              a. the tanks did lie                          b. the tanks lay    c. did the tanks lie  d. lay the tanks
      12.   At no time___________ greater opportunities.
              a. did women had                           b. has women had  c. does women have     d. have women had
      13.   Not once________ into her eyes.
              a. he looked         b. does he looked                           c. did he look d. looked he
      14.   ___________ has the work bee so easy.
              a. Never               b. only by           c. When               d. For
      15.   Now here___________ such cooperative staff.
              a. you can find    b. you found       c. you could find  d. can you find
      16.   Never before___________ in an carnest attempt to resolve their differences.
              a. have the leaders of these two countries met
              b. the leaders of these two countries have met
              c. have the leaders of these two countries meet
              d. met the leaders of these two countries
      17.   Not only the child, but also the grandparents___________
              a. is joining          b. joins               c. were joining     d. has joined
      18.   Seldom___________ a newspaper.
              a. buys Anna       b. does Anna buy                           c. bought Anna       d. Anna does buy
      19.   Not only__________ at the post office, ___________ at the grocery store.
              a. does Mary work/but she also works                        b. works Mary/but she also works
              c. does Mary work/but does she also work                 d. had entered she
      20.   No sooner___________ the house than the phone started to ring.
              a. had she entered                         b. she had entered c. entered she      d. had entered she

1a
      2c
      3c
      4b
      5d
      6a
      7c
      8b
      9d
      10c
      11d
      12d
      13c
      14a
      15d
      16a
      17c
      18b
      19a
      20a

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:25 am

Exercise 2
      1.     Only by saving money___________ a house.
              a. he buys            b. he can buy     c. can  he buy      d. buy she
      2.     Not even once___________ the truth
              a. he tells             b. he tell             c. tells he             d. has she told
      3.     Choose the correct inverted form.
              a. Into the room came the teachers                            
              b. Not only lazy she is but she is naughty
              c. No sooner had he drunk a cup of coffee than he asked another.
              d. A and care correct
      4.     Not only___________ beautiful but she is graceful as well.
              a. did she             b. she was          c. is she               d. she is
      5.     No sooner___________ than he begins to be washed.
              a. is a human being born               b. was a human being born
              c. a human being born                                                d. a human being had been born
      6.     Seldom___________ treated like that.
              a. I have been      b. am I                c. I am                  d. I had been
      7.     Over there___________ the shop that sells souvenirs.
              a. is                      b. are                  c. has                   d. have
      8.     Never before___________ such a disaster.
              a. they suffer       b. they have suffered                     c. had they suffered         d. they had suffered
      9.     Only if I had known the difference___________ the more expensive car.
              a. would I bought                            b. I would have bought
              c. would I buy                                 d. would I have bought
      10.   Neither Mary nor her friends___________ going to the party.
              a. is                      b. are                  c. was                   d. a or b
      11.   Only once a day___________ home.
              a. does Mary leave                          b. left Mary           c. Mary leaves         d. will Mary left
      12.   Only once a day___________ home.
              a. we can speak   b. can we speak c. we speak          d. we cannot speak
      13.   Many a time___________ this mistake.
              a. he makes         b. he has made  c. did he make     d. will he make
      14.   Never___________ the exact cause of earthquakes.
              a. scientists discovered                  b. did scientists discovered
              c. do scientists discover                 d. have scientists discovered
      15.   Nowhere else___________
              a. they can go      b. can they go    c. they can't go    d. can't they go
      16.   Only when at home___________ her children
              a. does she scold b. she scolds      c. has she scolded  d. she has scolded
      17.   Not a penny___________ me.
              a. did he give       b. he gave          c. he has given    d. he has gave
      18.   No longer___________ women bear a lot of children.
              a. does                 b. did                  c. doing                d. do
      19.   Among them___________ several sacks of white flour.
              a. were                 b. is                    c. be                     d. are
      20.   On a hill in front of them___________ a great castle.
              a. standing           b. stand              c. to stand            d. stood

1c
      2d
      3d
      4c
      5a
      6b
      7a
      8c
      9d
      10b
      11a
      12d
      13d
      14b
      15a
      16c
      17b
      18c
      19d
      20a

Exercise 3
      1.     "This store has such high prices".
              "I agree. Never again___________ here".
              a. I wll shop         b. will I shop       c. I do shop          d. shop I
      2.     "Is this machine often in need of repair?"
              "No, ___________ problems to arise".
              a. Seldom don't we expect              b. We expect seldom
              c. Seldom we expect                                                    d. Seldom do we expect
      3.     "I can't see the stage very well from here".
              "___________"
              a. Neither can't I  b. Neither I can  c. I can't neither   d. Neither can I
      4.     Not until the early 1900s___________ to vote in the United States.
              a. women were allowed                  b. were women allowed
              c. they allowed women                   d. when women were allowd
      5.     Only recently___________ a favourite sport in the United States.
              a. has jogging become                                                b. has become jogging
              c. when jogging became                 d. as jogging has become
      6.     "This is one of the oldest trees in the world"
              "___________ such a big tree".
              a. Never I have seen                                                   b. I haven't never seen   
              c. Never have I seen                                                   d. I have seen never
      7.     "What happened to jean' new car?"
              "No sooner___________ it than someone ran into her"
              a. had she bought                          b. she bought      c. did she bought    d. she ad bought
      8.     "I would like to apply for the sales position you advertised"
              "I'm sorry. No longer___________ applications for that position".
              a. are taking we   b. we are taking c. are we taking   d. we taking
      9.     Amoebas reproduce by dividing___________
              a. and other protozoans                 b. as do other protozonas
              c. other protozonas do too              d. we taking
      10.   ___________ a higher concentration of people than in Tokyo and Mexico City.
              a. nowhere there is                         b. Nowhere is      c. Nowhere is there d. Nowhere there ins't
      11.   "Did you like your trip Niagara Falls?"
              "It was beautiful. Hardly ever ___________ such a spectacular sight".
              a. can see you     b. can you see   c. see you            d. you can see
      12.   "Can children swim in this pool?"
              "Yes. However, at no time___________ alone".
              a. shouldn't they swim                    b. they should swim         c. should swim they                            d. should they swim
      13.   Only during the early twentieth century___________ in the United States.
              a. liquor was prohibited then         b. that liquor was prohibited
              c. when liquor was prohibited        d. was liquor prohibited
      14.   "I don't like this tossed salad very well".
              "Nor ___________"
              a. I do                   b. I do either       c. do I                   d. I like it either
      15.   Not only___________, but he also plays the piano and writes his won songs.
              a. does Billy Joel sing                                                 b. Billy Joel sings  
              c. If Billy Joel sings                                                     d. what Billy Joel sings
      16.   Nowhere___________ more prevalent than in warm, swampy places.
              a. mosquitoes are                           b. mosquitoes is  c. are mosquitoes   d. is mosquitoes
      17.   Only when the ground is kept moist___________ germinate.
              a. grass seeds will                          b. will grass seeds  c. grass seeds does      d. does grass seeds
      18.   Not until Columbs discovered America___________ to Europe.
              a. was bananas brought                 b. bananas were brought
              c. were bananas brought                d. bananas was brought
      19.   Never gain___________ Greta Garbo appear in films after he retirement in the forties.
              a. was                  b. do                   c. is                      d. did
      20.   Rarely___________ professional boxers remain active beyond the age thirty-five.
              a. do                     b. did                  c. are                    d. were

1b
      2d
      3d
      4b
      5a
      6c
      7a
      8c
      9b
      10c
      11b
      12d
      13d
      14c
      15a
      16c
      17b
      18c
      19d
      20a

Name:

Class:
      Basis No 34
      PREPOSITIONS
      Mark

Exercise 1
      1.     She was very surprised________ the grade she received.
              a. at                      b. on                   c. of                      d. about
      2.     We might need more food, depending____ how many people turn up.
              a. for                    b. on                   c. at                      d. wit
      3.     Jane doesn't spend much money______ clothes.
              a. over                  b. about              c. at                      d. on
      4.     She always takes good care_______ her children.
              a. for                    b. in                    c. of                      d. with
      5.     A sign warned motorists______ dangers.
              a. of                      b. for                   c. about                d. a and c
      6.     They translated the letter ______ French.
              a. for                    b. with                c. into                   d. about
      7.     I was disappointed________ the grade I received on my last essay.
              a. for                    b. about              c. to                      d. a and b
      8.     The medical center is close ________ campus.
              a. to                      b. for                   c. up                     d. with
      9.     We went there_______ car and stayed there for the whole day.
              a. in                      b. on                   c. with                  d. by
      10.   We started our journey ______ foot.
              a. with                  b. by                   c. on                     d. in
      11.   He always prevents me_______ doing my duty.
              a. of                      b. from                c. with                  d. against
      12.   I write letters _______ my right hand.
              a. in                      b. by                   c. with                  d. at
      13.   The war victims suffered terribly______ cold and hunger.
              a. with                  b. from                c. through            d. of
      14.   She is absent_______ class
              a. at                      b. from                c. to                      d. away
      15.   It is very nice______ you to take so much trouble.
              a. of                      b. to                    c. for                     d. from
      16.   You may write________ pencil.
              a. with                  b. by                   c. in                      d. on
      17.   He congratulated me_______ winning the competition.
              a. of                      b. on                   c. at                      d. about
      18.   Remember me________ your parents.
              a. to                      b. for                   c. with                  d. about
      19.   Mr. Foster lives_____ 667E 76th street______ New York.
              a. in/in                 b. at/in                c. on/in                 d. in/on
      20.   We reached______ her house safe and sound.
              a. at                      b. to                   
              c. with                  d. no word is needed

1a
      2b
      3d
      4c
      5d
      6c
      7b
      8a
      9d
      10c
      11b
      12c
      13b
      14b
      15a
      16c
      17b
      18a
      19b
      20d

Exercise 2
      1.     He insisted______ taking us dinner.
              a. on                     b. in                    c. over                  d. of
      2.     Do you believe_______ ghosts?
              a. no preposition b. in                    c. on                     d. at
      3.     Ed depends________ his family for financial support.
              a. on                     b. in                    c. of                      d. at
      4.     Ann looked______ the mirror and admired her new blouse.
              a. in                      b. at                    c. on                     d. into
      5.     The new manager's name is familiar_____ most of us.
              a. as                     b. from                c. to                      d. with
      6.     Those books deal mainly_______ tropical plants.
              a. with                  b. in                    c. for                     d. up
      7.     _______ the game last evening, my cousin hurt his ankle.
              a. For                   b. During            c. Since                d. From
      8.     Water consists_____ oxygen and hydrogen.
              a. about                b. with                c. on                     d. of
      9.     There is an increasing demand_____ taller building in big cities.
              a. with                  b. on                   c. for                     d. of
      10.   Is the United States the wealthiest country______ the world?
              a. of                      b. in                    c. for                     d. of
      11.   When ______ Rome do as the Romans do.
              a. with                  b. for                   c. in                      d. like
      12.   This must be done_________ any price.
              a. for                    b. at                    c. in                      d. with
      13.   Your request_______ a scholarship has been taken into account.
              a. for                    b. in                    c. under               d. into
      14.   He succeeded________ getting a scholarship.
              a. in                      b. about              c. for                     d. on
      15.   Mark Twain based the story______his experience in the West.
              a. on                     b. from                c. in                      d. on
      16.   We just rested_________ short time.
              a. at                      b. since              c. for                     d. in
      17.   Don't put____ until tomorrow what you can do today.
              a. away                b. off                   c. aside                d. up
      18.   John Harcourt was ashamed_______ his father.
              a. at                      b. with                c. of                      d. about
      19.   I prefer coffee______ tea.
              a. than                 b. to                    c. from                  d. for
      20.   If you don't know the meaning of the word, look it__ in the dictionary.
              a. up                     b. on                   c. after                  d. for

1a
      2b
      3a
      4a
      5c
      6a
      7b
      8d
      9c
      10b
      11c
      12b
      13a
      14a
      15d
      16c
      17b
      18c
      19b
      20a

Exercise 3
      1.     Washington State is famous______ its apples.
              a. in                      b. for                   c. of                      d. with
      2.     Was your choice of research topic acceptable _____ your instructor.
              a. for                    b. to                    c. on                     d. upon
      3.     People who are afraid___ heights are called acrophobes.
              a. of                      b. on                   c. in                      d. to
      4.     Water is essential_____ all life.
              a. on                     b. for                   c. in                      d. with
      5.     Were you aware_____ the regulations against smoking in this area?
              a. in                      b. with                c. of                      d. about
      6.     Tepees are characteristic______ the Indian tribes of the Great Plants.
              a. of                      b. upon               c. from                  d. about
      7.     Will this office be adequate____ your company's need?
              a. on                     b. for                   c. to                      d. with
      8.     I'm not familiar_______ that song.
              a. to                      b. of                    c. with                  d. about
      9.     One meter is approximately equal _______ a yard.
              a. about                b. on                   c. to                      d. with
      10.   This movie is based________ a true story.
              a. of                      b. at                    c. about                d. on
      11.   This summer, he will be eligible_______ a three week vacation.
              a. on                     b. about              c. of                      d. to
      12.   What he said is contrary_______ common sense.
              a. for                    b. about              c. of                      d. to
      13.   The art museum is located next_____ the museum of natural history on State Street.
              a. to                      b. for                   c. on                     d. with
      14.   Many vegetables, including tomatoes, and corn, are native______ the New World.
              a. for                    b. to                    c. about                d. upon
      15.   This style of architecture is typical___ the Colonial period.
              a. of                      b. to                    c. about                d. with
      16.   Oxygen, fuel, and hear are all necessary_____ combustion.
              a. with                  b. for                   c. about                d. in
      17.   This apartment would be too crowded for two people, but it is perfect___ one
              a. about                b. with                c. for                     d. to
      18.   This variety of seed is inferior ______ the type I planted last year.
              a. with                  b. upon               c. up                     d. to
      19.   Thank you very much_____ what you have done for me.
              a. of                      b. up                   c. for                     d. about
      20.   Bluegrass music is some what different______ other types of country    music.
              a. from                  b. with                c. for                     d. to

1b
      2b
      3a
      4b
      5c
      6a
      7b
      8c
      9c
      10d
      11d
      12d
      13a
      14b
      15a
      16b
      17c
      18d
      19c
      20a

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:26 am

Exercise 4
      1.     I am sure he didn't break the plate______ purpose.
              a. in                      b. at                    c. for                     d. on
      2.     ______ the whole, I enjoyed the movie.
              a. On                    b. In                    c. At                      d. Up
      3.     We can't get access_______ the Internet where we live.
              a. to                      b. on                   c. at                      d. with
      4.     There must be_______ least one vowel in every English word.
              a. at                      b. on                   c. in                      d. upon
      5.     This book is based_____ part on fact.
              a. in                      b. upon               c. at                      d. on
      6.     _______ general, I found zoology to be an easier subject than botany.
              a. On                    b. In                    c. At                      d. With
      7.     John F. Kenedy was the first President to be born____ the twentieth century.
              a. in                      b. on                   c. at                      d. up
      8.     She'll come home ______ April.
              a. on                     b. in                    c. at                      d. for
      9.     We were all fascinated________ the things we saw.
              a. on                     b. in                    c. by                     d. for
      10.   I like to shower in the morning, but my roommate likes to shower ____ night.
              a. at                      b. on                   c. in                      d. with
      11.   He has been absent____ school very often lately.
              a. from                  b. on                   c. in                      d. with
      12.   She wants to be financially independent______ her.
              a. about                b. of                    c. in                      d. with
      13.   Mrs. Liz was accused_______ having stolen the car.
              a. of                      b. with                c. in                      d. upon
      14.   We are her to provide you_____ the best service possible.
              a. of                      b. with                c. to                      d. for
      15.   The government is trying to make the country safe_____ terrorist attacks.
              a. from                  b. of                    c. at                      d. for
      16.   Please put your stuff away to make room______ the new computer.
              a. from                  b. upon               c. about                d. for
      17.   They prevented me______ entering the house.
              a. from                  b. on                   c. with                  d. at
      18.   The police blamed the mother____ neglecting her child.
              a. to                      b. for                   c. with                  d. of
      19.   She returned____ China after spending much time abroad.
              a. in                      b. from                c. to                      d. at
      20.   Last night I was invited___ a formal get-together and I enjoyed myself a great deal.
              a. to                      b. at                    c. for                     d. about

1d
      2a
      3a
      4a
      5a
      6a
      7a
      8b
      9c
      10a
      11a
      12b
      13a
      14b
      15a
      16d
      17a
      18b
      19c
      20a

Name:

Class:
      Basis No 35
      SENTENCE STRUCTURE
      Mark

Exercise 1
      1.     Aymara_____ an Indian language spoken by approximately one million people in Bolivia and Peru.
              a. which is           b. being              c. is                      d. it is
      2.     Many North American universities_____ by private donations.
              a. supported         b. are supported c. which are supported     d. support
      3.     _______ direct link exists between seat belt use and fever traffic fatalities.
              a. There is a         b. A                     c. That there is a  d. Because
      4.     ______ many people learn to make their own repairs and home improvements.
              a. When having instruction manuals                          b. There are instruction manuals
              c. From instruction manuals           d. It is instruction manuals
      5.     Lake Superior______, borders on the United States and Canada.
              a. in the world is the largest lake  
              b. is largest lake in the world
              c. it is the largest lake in the world
              d. which is the largest lake in the world
      6.     Taj Mahl, _____ by Shah Janhan for his wife, is thought to be one of the great architectural wonders of the world.
              a. being built       b. was built         c. built                  d. been built
      7.     The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier_____ to unidentified soldiers killed in battle, is located in Arlington, Virginia.
              a. which a monument                                                  b. a monument       
              c. is a monument                            d. a monument being
      8.     _____ volcanos can destroy large areas of vergetation.
              a. They erupt       b. When they erupt                        
              c. When eruption d. Their eruption
      9.     _______ is the biggest city in Michigan, it is not the capital.
              a. Detroit              b. It Detroit         c. Although Detroit d. Detroit, which
      10.   _______ black cats are bad luck is considered a superstition rather than a fact.
              a. That                  b. The                 c. Although          d. It is that
      11.   Steel_____ with chromium to produce a no corrosive substance known as stainless steel.
              a. is combined     c. combining      b. that is combined d. when combined
      12.   _________ the 1930s and 1940s, F.D. Roosevelt was elected to the presidency four times.
              a. Since during    b. During            c. Although during  d. While during
      13.   ______ in 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States.
              a. Founding         b. Founded         c. It was founded    d. Being founded
      14.   Johnny Carson______ late night TV program is watched by millions of insomniacs in the United States, has been on the air for over twenty years.
              a. whose              b. who has a      c. which is a        d. however his
      15.   _______, Jenny Churchill was born in the United States and married an Englishman.
              a. She was the mother of Winston Churchill
              b. The mother of Winston Churchill
              c. Her son was Winston Churchill
              d. Winston Churchill was her son
      16.   A tornado touched down today in Kansas, _______ destruction to cornfields and telephone lines.
              a. caused             b. causing          c. that caused      d. it caused
      17.   Until the fifties, _____ were still in some cities to deliver milk and vegetables.
              a. horses and carts                                                      b. there were horses and carts
              c. when horses and carts               d. that horses and carts
      18.   _______ the percentage of working women in the United States has doubled since 1940 has been the result of both economic and social factors.
              a. The                   b. That the          c. There is the      d. It is the
      19.   ______ species of plants exist in North America that can cause an allergic skin reaction in humans.
              a. There are several                        b. If there are several       c. Several  d. It has several
      20.   A silo is a large cylindrical structure______
              a. the storage of crops                                                 b. in which crops are stored
              c. where crops are stored there      d. they store crops there

1c
      2b
      3b
      4c
      5d
      6c
      7b
      8b
      9c
      10a
      11a
      12b
      13b
      14a
      15b
      16b
      17a
      18b
      19c
      20b

Exercise 2
      1.     Barns______ to store crops and house animals.
              a. built                  b. that are built   c. being buit         d. are built
      2.     Large block of ice were usually used for refrigeration until the 1990s___
              a. When the electric refrigerator was invented
              b. The electric refrigerator was invented
              c. They invented the electric refrigerator
              d. The electric refrigerator being invented then
      3.     ______, leaves from certain trees such as the maple and sassafras turn bright colors.
              a. During the fall b. While the fall c. The fall comes d. When comes fall
      4.     _____ in 1963, John F. Kennedy was perhaps the most popular post World War II president.
              a. He was short by Lee Harvey Oswald                      b. His being shot by Lee Harvey Oswald
              c. Shot by Lee Harvey Oswald       d. Lee Harvey Oswald shot him
      5.     _________ watercress is found along streams or in low, wet areas.
              a. Often there is   b. Often              c. Where often     d. It is often when
      6.     _______ built as a private home for Elvis Presley, Graceland is now open to the public.
              a. Although          b. It was              c. Being               d. When
      7.     _______ runned of all times is Jesse Owens, who broke six world records in one day.
              a. There was the greatest               b. He was the greatest
              c. The greatest                                d. That he was the greatest
      8.     ______ of leather, horse saddles are sometimes elaboratory tooled.
              a. They are made b. What are made                            c. They make them  d. Made
      9.     Mount Vernon, ______, has recently been restored to its original colors.
              a. George Washington lived there b. it was where George Washington lived
              c. where George Washington lived                             d. the place that lived in George Washington
      10.   Writers can accurately describe objects_____ have never seen.
              a. that                   b. how they        c. they                  d. if they
      11.   The most devastating of all storms _____ the hurricane, which can measure over 100 miles in diameter.
              a. is                      b. which is          c. being                d. is that
      12.   Pioneers, _______ in isolated areas of the United States, were almost totally self-sufficient.
              a. who living        b. living              c. lived                 d. who that lived
      13.   ______ is a belief generally held by people who live in colder climates.
              a. That weather affects a person's mood                   
              b. Weather affects a person's mood
              c. A person's mood is affected by weather                
              d. Although a person's mood is affected by weather
      14.   _____ in 1861 and lasted for four years.
              a. The Civil War began                   b. When the Civil War began
              c. The Civil War beginning             d. The beginning of the Civil War
      15.   The tool _____ to a wall or other surface is called a trowel.
              a. that we apply plaster                  b. that plaster applies
              c. whose plaster as applied            d. with which plaster is applied
      16.   The banjo_____ a stringed musical instrument native to the United States.
              a. that is               b. it is                 c. being                d. is
      17.   ______, meat takes on the flavor of the wood it was smoked in.
              a. It's when it's smoked                  b. When is it smoked
              c. When it is smoked                                                   d. If, when it is smoked
      18.   The assembly line, ______ by Henry Ford, has brought about many significant changes in automobile production.
              a. that invented                               b. what was invented
              c. was invented                               d. which was invented
      19.   ______ her father's adivce, Sarah Dade chose medicine as her course of studies.
              a. Although          b. Against           c. It was contrary to d. Opposite
      20.   _______ important mining area, Kentucky is located in the east central section of the United States.
              a. An                    b. There is an     c. Being               d. It is an

1d
      2a
      3a
      4c
      5b
      6a
      7c
      8d
      9c
      10c
      11a
      12b
      13a
      14a
      15d
      16d
      17d
      18d
      19b
      20a

Exercise 3
      1.     Gabriel Garcia Marquez, a Colombian writer whose book One Hundred Years of Solitude is among his most famous, _____ the Nobel prize in 1982.
              a. who won          b. won                c. which won       d. having won
      2.     ______, Eva Peron, the wife of Argentinean president Juan Peron, died of cancer.
              a. She was age thirty- one             b. At the age of thirty-one
              c. Age thirty- one years                  d. At the age of thirty-one years old
      3.     _______ families in the United States today have more than two to three children.
              a. There are few  b. They are few  c. Few                  d. Although few
      4.     ______ in large quantities in the Middle East, oil became known as black gold because of the large profits it brought.
              a. Discovering                                 b. Which was discovered
              c. Discovered                                  d. That when discovered
      5.     Custard is an egg dessert______ primarily of eggs, sugar, and milk.
              a. consisting        b. consists          c. which consisting d. which is consisted
      6.     ______ main types of book covers: hardbound and softbound.
              a. Exist two          b. Two                 c. There are two   d. Have two
      7.     A higher crime rate exists in cities____ a large percentage of unemployed.
              a. that having      b. where have    c. which they have d. that have
      8.     ________, musicians, and athletes who have reached a certain level of success are among the highest paid professionals in the world.
              a. Actors               b. There are actors                          c. It is actors  d. That actors
      9.     The fact______ doctors recommed that children with hypertension drink coffee is surprising.
              a. what                 b. is that             c. that                   d. of
      10.   The cost of shipping a car is related to________
              a. how much does it weight            b. how it weights much
              c. that it weights                             d. how much it weights
      11.   A soft bound book is a book______ a light, flexible cardboard.
              a. that cover is made of                  b. whose cover is made of
              c. which cover is made of               d. made of a cover is
      12.   Because no official records were kept in certain rural areas until recently, some elderly people do not know.
              a. When they were born                 b. that they born
              c. when were they born                  d. hen was their birth
      13.   _______ is made from cellulose is a little-know fact.
              a. Rayon              b. That rayon      c. Being rayon     d. What rayon
      14.   ______ telephone service between New York and London began in 1927.
              a. It was the first  b. There was the first                      c. The first     d. Since the first
      15.   Although born in Germany, _______ a citizen of the United States in 1940.
              a. but Albert Einstein became        b. that Albert Einstein became
              c. Albert Einstein became              d. since became Albert Einstein
      16.   I'm going to South Carolina______ the semester is over.     
              a. when                b. while              c. during              d. at
      17.   Sky diving, a difficult and dangerous sport, _____ very popular with both men and women in the United States.
              a. Æ                      b. is                    c. becoming         d. become
      18.   Leather shoes_____ than plastic ones.
              a. that are more durable                 b. being more durable
              c. more durable                               d. are more durable
      19.   The GMAT test____ to students who are interested in a career in business.
              a. given                                           b. although it is given
              c. since it is given                                                       d. is given
      20.   Not many U.S hospitals exist ____ treat  severe burns.
              a. that                   b. whom              c. who                  d. where

1b
      2b
      3c
      4c
      5b
      6a
      7c
      8d
      9c
      10c
      11a
      12b
      13a
      14a
      15d
      16d
      17c
      18d
      19b
      20a

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:27 am

Name:

Class:
      Basis No 36
      SHOWING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN IDEAS
      Mark

Exercise 1
      1.     _______ Paul bring the money for our lunch, we'll go right down to the cafeteria.
              a. Since               b. As soon as     c. Now that           d. Until
      2.     My mouth is burning! This is_______ spicy food that I don't think I can finish it.
              a. such                 b. so                   c. very                  d. too
      3.     Both my books _______ from my room last night.
              a. were stolen and my wallet          b. and my wallet were stolen
              c. and my wallet was stolen           d. were and my wallet was stolen
      4.     When______ a dictionary, you need to be able to understand the symbols and abbreviations it contains.
              a. having used     b. use                 c. to use               d. using
      5.     Bats are fascinating_______ have many interesting and amazing qualities.
              a. animals. Therefore, they            b. animals, they
              c. animals. They                             d. animal. Because they
      6.     While_____ to help Tim with his math, I got impatient because he wouldn't pay attention to what I was saying.
              a. I am trying        b. having tried    c. I try                   d. trying
      7.     _______ extremely bad weather in the moutains, we're no longer considering our skiing trip.
              a. Due to              b. Because         c. Since                d. Due to the fact that
      8.     Emily is motivated to study____ she knows that a good education can improve her life.
              a. therefore          b. because of     c. because           d. so
      9.     Sonia broke her leg in two place ______, she had to wear a cast and use crutches for three months.
              a. Inasmuch as    b. Consequently c. For that            d. Because
      10.   Our village had______ money available for education that the schools had to close.
              a. so little             b. such little       c. so much           d. such much
      11.   Hundred of species of Hawaiian flowers have become extinct or rare _______ land development and the grazing of wild goats.
              a. now that           b. due to             c. because           d. for
      12.   Tom Booth is one the best players in the country. We have won al of our games_____ he joined our team.
              a. when                b. the first           c. since                d. due to
      13.   Joe seemed to be in a good mood, _______ he snapped at me angrily when I asked him to join us.
              a. yet                    b. so                   c. for                     d. and
      14.   ________ Jan arrives, we will have finished this group project.
              a. By the time       b. Until               c. Now that           d. Since
      15.   For the most part, young children spend their time playing, eating, and _______ a lot.
              a. they sleep        b. sleeping         c. sleep                d. they are sleeping
      16.   Joan worked in a vineyeard last summer ________ money for school expenses.
              a. because to earn                                                       b. so she earns
              c. for she earned                            d. so that she could earn
      17.   __________ unprepared for the exam, I felt sure I would get a low score.
              a. Being               b. Having            c. Because           d. Upon
      18.   Ever since_______ Ted the bad news, he's been avoiding me.
              a. telling               b. told                 c. I told                 d. having told
      19.   ________ my daughter reaches the age of sixteen, she will be able to drive.
              a. Having             b. Since              c. one                   d. Because
      20.   Matt will enjoy skiing more the next time he goes to Mr. Baker _____ he was had skiing lessons.
              a. so that              b. before             c. now that           d. and

1b
      2a
      3b
      4d
      5c
      6d
      7a
      8c
      9b
      10a
      11b
      12c
      13a
      14a
      15b
      16d
      17a
      18c
      19c
      20c

Exercise 2
      1.     Some people are tall, whereas others are________
              a. intelligent        b. thin                 c. short                 d. large
      2.     A box is square, whereas_______
              a. a rectangle has four sides          b. my village has a town square in the centre
              c. we use envelopes for letters      d. a circle is round
      3.     While some parts of the world get an abundance of rain, others________
              a. are warm and humid                   b. are cold and wet
              c. get little or none                                                      d. get a lot
      4.     In some nations coffee in the favourite beverage, while_________
              a. I like tea           b. in has caffeine                           c. in others it is tea d. tea has caffeine too
      5.     Some people like cream and sugar in their coffee, while_______
              a. others drink hot coffee               b. others like it black
              c. milk is good in coffee, too          d. sugar can cause cavities
      6.     Jack is an interesting storyteller and conversationalist. His brother, on the other hand, ________
              a. is a newspaper reporter             
              b. bores other people by talking about himself
              c. has four children
              d. knows a lot of stories, too
      7.     I can't ride my bicycle ______ there isn't any air in one of the tires.
              a. despite             b. because         c. although          d. but
      8.     I got to class on time_______ I had missed by bus.
              a. even though    b. nevertheless  c. because           d. despite
      9.     Brian used to bean  active person, but now he has to limit his activities_______ problem with his health.
              a. nevertheless    b. because of     c. although          d. in spite of
      10.   It should be easy for Bod to find more time to spend with his children_______ he no longer has to work in the evenings and on weekends.
              a. even though    b. now that         c. due to               d. but
      11.   Jake is a very good student of languages. His brother Michael, _________ has never been able to master another language.
              a. therefore          b. even though   c. whereas           d. on the other hand
      12.   The ancient Aztecs of Mexico had no technology for making tools from metal ____, they had sharp knives and spears made from a stone called obsidian.
              a. Whereas          b. Although        c. Nevertheless    d. Despite
      13.   Roberts missed the meeting without a good reason. She had been told that it was critical that she be there. I couldn't want to be in her shoes at work tomorrow.
              a. despite             b. despite the fact that                    c. even d. however
      14.   I usually enjoy attending amateur productions in small community theaters. The play we attended last night,  _______ was so bad that I wanted to leave after the first act.
              a. therefore          b. however         c. whereas           d. even though
      15.   Some snakes are poisonous, _______ other are harmless.
              a. but                    b. so                   c. for                     d. despite
      16.   Most 15th century Europeans believed that the world was flat and that a ship could conceivably sail off the end of the earth__________ many sailors of the time refused to venture forth with explorers into unknown waters.
              a. due to the fact that                     b. Nevertheless   c. Therefore   d. Whereas
      17.   ________ the secret of how to make silk remained inside Asia, Europeans were forced to pay incredibly high sums of money for this mysterious material to be brought over land to Europe.
              a. Although          b. Only if            c. Due to              d. As long as
      18.   Ancient Egyptians mummified their dead through the use of chemicals, ______ ancient Peruvians mummfied their dead through natural processes by putting dead bodies in extremely dry desert caves.
              a. whereas           b. because         c. even though    d. whether or not
      19.   Some people really enjoy swimming, ________ others are afraid of water.
              a. while                b. or                    c. despite             d. in spite of
      20.   I was cold and wet________ Bob put on is swimming suit and went to the beach.
              a. Therefore         b. Despite           c. Although          d. Nevertheless

1c
      2d
      3c
      4c
      5b
      6b
      7b
      8a
      9b
      10b
      11d
      12c
      13b
      14b
      15a
      16c
      17d
      18a
      19a
      20d

Exercises 3
      1.     The sky was gray and cloudy________, we went to the beach.
              a. Consequently  b. Nevertheless  c. Even though    d. In spite of
      2.     I turned on the fan_______ the room was hot.
              a. due to               b. despite           c. even though    d. because
      3.     Sam and I will meet you at the restaurant tonight________ we can find a babysitter.
              a. although          b. unless            c. otherwise         d. only if
      4.     Carol showed up for the meeting______ I asked her not to be there.
              a. even though    b. despite           c. provided that    d. because
      5.     You must lend me the money for the trip________, I won't be able to go.
              a. Consequently  b. Nevertheless  c. Otherwise         d. Although
      6.     The road will remain safe_______ the flood washes out the bridge.
              a. as long as        b. unless            c. providing that   d. since
      7.     The roles of men and women were not the same ancient Greece. For example, men were both participants and spectators in the ancient Olympics. Women ________, were forbidden to attend or particpate.
              a. nevertheless    b. on the other hand                       c. therefore    d. otherwise
      8.     The window were all left open_____, the room was a real mess after the windstorm.
              a. Nevertheless   b. However         c. Consequently  d. Otherwise
      9.     ______ I can't make the presentation myself, I've asked my assistant to be prepared to do it for me.
              a. For                   b. In the event that                         c. Only if        d. On the other hand
      10.   It looks like they're going to succeed_______ their present difficulties.
              a. despite             b. because of     c. even though    d. yet
      11.   ________ Marge is an honest person, I still wonder whether she's telling the truth about the incident.
              a. In spite of         b. Since              c. Though            d. In the event that
      12.   The professor told me that I was doing well, ______ my final grade was awful!
              a. so                     b. therefore        c. in spite of         d. yet
      13.   ________ Beth has a new car, she no longer takes the computer train to work. She drives to work every day.
              a. Now that          b. While              c. Although          d. Incase
      14.   You'd better give me your answer quickly, _______ I'll withdraw the invitation.
              a. although          b. nevertheless  c. even though    d. or else
      15.   I have to go the meeting _________ I want to or not.
              a. provided that    b. whether          c. even if              d. only if
      16.   What time do you expect  Ted to be home? I must talk to him. I usually go to bed around ten, but tell him to call me tonight_________ it's past midnight.
              a. however           b. in case           c. even if              d. as long as
      17.   _________ you're going to the fruit market, would you please pick up a few apples for me?
              a. Even if             b. Although        c. So                     d. As long as
      18.   I guess I'm a soft touch. I just lent Jan some money for lunch________ she never paid me back my last loan.
      19.   I think I did okay in my speech last night______ I'd had almost no sleep for 24 hours.
              a. even                 b. even               c. unless              d. despite the fact that
      20.   I asked Angela to run the office while I'm gone__________ I know I can depend on her.
              a. unless              b. since              c. although          d. therefore.

1b
      2d
      3d
      4a
      5c
      6b
      7b
      8c
      9b
      10a
      11c
      12d
      13a
      14d
      15b
      16c
      17d
      18a
      19d
      20b

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:28 am

Exercise 4
      1.     ________ the salary meets my expectations, I will accept the job offer.
              a. Due to              b. Even if            c. Provide that     d. Unless
      2.     To power their inventions, people have made use of natural energy sources, ________ coal, oil, water, and steam.
              a. in addition to   b. as                   c. and they use    d. such as
      3.     _________ excellent art museums, Moscow has a world-famous ballet company.
              a. Because of      b. In spite of       c. In case of         d. In addition to
      4.     It is still a good idea to know how to type, ________ the many technological advances in typewriters and word processors, a skilled operator remains indispensable.
              a. Because of      b. In spite of       c. In case of         d. In addition to
      5.     Even though a duck may live on water, it stays dry__________ the oil on its feathers. The oil prevents the water from soaking through the feathers and reaching its skin.
              a. due to               b. besides           c. in spite of         d. in event of
      6.     Alex cannot express himself clearly and correctly in writing. He will never advance in his job______ he improves his language skills.
              a. otherwise         b. if                     c. only if               d. unless
      7.     _______ there was no electricity, I was able to read because I had a candle.
              a. Unless             b. Even though  c. Even                 d. Only if
      8.     A fire must have a readily available supply of oxygen_______, it will stop burning
              a. Consequently  b. Furthermore   c. Otherwise         d. However
      9.     I studied Spanish for your years in high school _____, I had trouble taking with people when I was traveling in Spain.
              a. Therefore         b. On the other hand                      c. Moreover    d. Nevertheless
      10.   I'm sorry you've  decided not to go with us on the river trip, but _______ you change your mind, there will still be enough room on the boat for you.
              a. even                 b. nevertheless  c. in the even that   d. provided that
      11.   I like to keep the windows open at night no matter how cold it gets. My wife, _______ prefers a warm bedroom with all windows tightly shut.
              a. nevertheless    b. consequently c. on the other hand         d. moreover
      12.   Some fish can survive only in salt water, ______ other species can live only in fresh water.
              a. whereas           b. unless            c. if                       d. since
      13.   ______ Jason became famous, he has ignored his old friends. He shouldn't do that.
              a. if                       b. Ever since      c. Even though    d. Due to
      14.   We're going to lose this game________ the team doesn't start playing better soon.
              a. if                       b. unless            c. although          d. whereas
      15.   My two children are cooking dinner for the family for the first time tonight ________ the food is terrible, I'm going to enjoy this meal very much. It will be fun to have them cook for me a change.
              a. Only if              b. if                     c. Even if             d. Provided that
      16.   Jack insisted that he didn't need any help, _______ I helped him anyway.
              a. and                   b. so                   c. besides            d. but
      17.   Florida is famous for its tourist attractions. Its coastline offers excellent white sand beaches_________ it has warm, sunny weather.
              a. Otherwise        b. Furthermore   c. Nevertheless    d. On the other hand
      18.   The flowers will soon start to bloom_______ winter is gone and the weather is beginning to get warmer.
              a. event if             b. agree I            c. I agree              d. I will agree
      19.   Only if you promise to study hard_________ to tutor you.
              a. will I agree       b. agree I            c. I agree              d. I will agree
      20.   Camels have either one hump or two humps, the Arabian camel has one hump.
              a. nevertheless    b. however         c. furthermore      d. otherwise

1c
      2d
      3d
      4b
      5a
      6d
      7b
      8c
      9d
      10c
      11c
      12a
      13b
      14a
      15c
      16d
      17b
      18b
      19a
      20b
      Admin
      Admin

Bài viết Bài viết : 537

Points Points : 16853

Uy tín   : Uy tín : : 122

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:00 pm

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Bài tập theo chuyên đề Tiếng Anh hay - Tiếng Anh cơ bản -  - Page 6 1n5HMF

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (200 Qs)
      [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (40 Qs)
       [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (120 Qs)
      [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (20 Qs)
      [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (160 Qs)
       [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (60 Qs)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (100 Qs)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (140 Qs) 
       [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (80 Qs)

BASIS 36: SHOWING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN IDEAS (80 Qs) tại [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bài tập theo chuyên đề Tiếng Anh hay - Tiếng Anh cơ bản -  - Page 6 17 2320 QUESTIONS  Bài tập theo chuyên đề Tiếng Anh hay - Tiếng Anh cơ bản -  - Page 6 17

Bài tập theo chuyên đề Tiếng Anh hay - Tiếng Anh cơ bản -  - Page 6 1n5HMF